Warung Bebas

Monday, March 6, 2006

Second Reason Why You Should Sleep With Your Windows Shut at Night

Because when the police lady shoots a coiled island boa snake, 20 feet from your window, at 6:30 in the morning, closing the window will muffle the sound.

Blam

Me: what was that?
Bigness: what?
Me: what was that sound?
Bigness: what sound?

Blam... blam blam

Me: That sounds like gunshots (I go over to the window)
Bigness: gial get away from the window they are shooting people again!
Me: (incredulous) they arent shooting at me (I hope I'm right, I stand up on my tiptoes and look over the edge of the verandah)

BLAM

(I move away from the edge and duck down a bit)
Bigness: Maybe its for Baron Bliss Day
Me: Did they do that last year? (I hope not because what goes up MUST come down)
Bigness: Me no noh Maybe they are cleaning their guns.
Me: by shosoting them?
Bigness: maybe something was stuck
Me: that's really dangerous
Bigness: for tru (he goes back to reading the newspaper and drinking his coffee)
But I'm not satisfied with those answers. I can't just go about my business as if...

BLAM

I see the police woman and another male officer come strolling nonchallant around the corner of the building with a smoking gun (literally)
Big mystery now.

So Officer Annie Oakley came into the cafe for her coffee later that morning and I asked her what they were shooting at. (Now remember we are in the MIDDLE of a village) She said
it was an island boa constrictor. Legend has it that the snake was 9 feet long and had a bump in the middle the size of a small watermelon (probably a cat) and it was found coiled up in the middle of the street side police yard, just outside of our eye site range. Bigness has a theory that its the snake that the pastafarians had up in the ceiling of their kitchen.
The photo is not of the actual snake but one I found on the net.

0 comments em “Second Reason Why You Should Sleep With Your Windows Shut at Night”

Post a Comment

 

LIVING IN PARADISE Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger