Warung Bebas

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We're Ready

Bigness has been working on the big renovation since September, off and on, and since January in serious earnest getting it ready to rent. I didn't take any before photos, because I am unable to record such nastyness. Like Miss Lois, Bigness is a hands-off-landlord. He expects 3 things from his tennants, pay your rent on time, keep the place clean and in good working condition and don't freakin complain all the time. (the last one is something I try to work on a daily basis) The tennant prior had lived there or 3 years and I have never seen such nastyness except in the ghettos of downtown Detroit. Holes knocked in walls, garbage stewn everywhere. So all that aside, he has been a miracle worker making a silk purse from a sow's ear and transforming it into the largest beachfront luxury rental on Caye Caulker. Wow what a lot of work. I picked the colors, made the bedspreads and curtains and decorated, that was the easy part. At a certain point the project looked so big I thought it would never be finished, but he kept working and working and working.
So without further ado... ta daaaaaaa!
Click here for the Alamina Beach House website.
I wish I lived there.
Maybe someday I will.
He promised me that our side of the house would be a nice as this, but didn't say if would be this century or next.

IS HELL FREEZING OVER?
My mom emailed and wants to come for a visit. She's bringing Aunt Doris, which is good. Aunt Doris isn't my real aunt, but has been around our family since before I was born. Aunt Doris keeps my mom in check and is the kind of lady that, even if your baby is "illigitimate," she'll still crochet you a baby blanket.

0 comments em “We're Ready”

Post a Comment

 

LIVING IN PARADISE Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger