Warung Bebas

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Illustration Friday - May 12 - Angels and Devils

I painted this a couple of years ago. Its pretty large and is the one of the bedrooms of Alamina Beach House. I read about the technique of oil over acrylic in a book I bought on one of my yearly trips back to civilization, I mean the U.S. Before painting the acrylic background I built up a texture using a palette knife and modeling paste and let it dry 24 hours. The oil paint was thinned down and painted almost like watercolor in transparent layers over the acrylic. I call it Hang Up Your Wings Baby. I didn't ever really have it in the art galery for sale, but would bring it in from time to time if I needed to fill wall space. I gave several copies away to friends and released it as a limited edition. This painting is about releasing myself from having to live up to other people's expectations for my life. Check out more Illustration Friday entries.

0 comments em “Illustration Friday - May 12 - Angels and Devils”

Post a Comment

 

LIVING IN PARADISE Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger