Warung Bebas

Monday, August 15, 2005

I must have looked like I had STUPID tatooed on my forehead

Ahhhh.... the Italians have arrived.
I was given a painstaking explanation, in English, this morning, by someone from a country that begins with the letter I, that Zey vood like waaaan explaaaaaaaaaaaaasso.
I answered, Sure! Which in perky Americanish is the same as o.k., or yes, right now, or right away. I turned around to push the button on our Gaggia (Italian) superautomatic espresso machine and the "person" said. "Eeeet eees daaa leeeeetle koffeeeeee, not zeee beeeeeg waaaaan. "
I finished pulling the shot and said with a big smile on my face "Pague por favor cuatro dólares al hombre gigante allá." roughly translates to please pay $4 to the giant man over there"
Ciao!
Note to self: I have to remember to start speaking English with my fake Spanish accent again.

As another side note, I think I've been working too hard because I've lost my sense of humour (and my feet hurt). Just ask the water taxi boat captain who "misplaced" my $360 coffee order today. So, I'm taking off for the mainland until Friday, working at my studio, and am going to enjoy the quiet while it lasts.
Adios Amigos - Living in Paradise

0 comments em “I must have looked like I had STUPID tatooed on my forehead”

Post a Comment

 

LIVING IN PARADISE Copyright © 2012 Fast Loading -- Powered by Blogger